The Daily Signal, the multimedia news organization of The Heritage Foundation, is helping to shape the debate over Obamacare on Capitol Hill and across the country. Since its founding in 2014, the news organization has reported extensively on the law’s impact.
Americans are struggling due to the failing health care law, and The Daily Signal’s stories are making their way into the national debate, in some cases because they have gone unreported or outright ignored by other media outlet.
Earlier this year, the House Budget Committee convened a hearing, “The Failures of Obamacare: Harmful Effects and Broken Promises.” During her testimony, Galen Institute President Grace-Marie Turner cited three separate Daily Signal stories to emphasize the negative effects of Obamacare on Americans.
In addition, conservative organizations are using Daily Signal stories to communicate about the law’s real-life consequences. Newspapers across the country are also citing The Daily Signal’s work.
Here is a sample of The Daily Signal’s unique and original reporting on the issue.
- Obamacare May Soon Be Over. Here’s What Americans Have Thought of the Law Since 2010.
- Meet 2 Hurting Americans Who Are Ready for Congress to Repeal Obamacare
- Post-Obamacare, These People Are Leaving Their Jobs
- In 6 Charts, the Rising Costs of Obamacare Rates
- In 3 Years, His Insurance Premiums Double as Options Decline Under Obamacare
- The Obamacare Alternative More Americans Are Turning To
- Her Health Plan Was $257 a Month. Now Her Obamacare Plan Could Be $650 a Month.
- The 16th Obamacare Co-Op Has Collapsed. Here’s How Much Each Failed Co-Op Got in Taxpayer-Funded Loans.
- Under Obamacare, Small Business Owner Forced to Get Rid of Health Care Benefits or Face Fine Up to $500K
- This Nashville Deli Is Closing in Part Because of Obamacare
- Indiana Man Says IRS Fined Him $2,344 for Violating Obamacare’s Individual Mandate
- How Obamacare Will Cost Native American Tribes Millions of Dollars
- Why This Family Struggled to Secure Health Insurance Under Obamacare for Their 4-Year-Old Son
- After Expanding Under Obamacare, This 123-Year-Old Insurance Company Is Closing Its Doors
- Obamacare a Factor in IHOP Owner’s Decision to Sell His 16 Restaurants
- How Incorrect Obamacare Tax Forms Could Impact Students Applying for Financial Aid
- How One Nebraska Woman Lost Her Health Insurance Three Times Under Obamacare